Friday, October 7, 2011

When Friends aren't Friends

This post is hard for me to write. Those of you who know me know that I am a connector and fall into the habit of trusting everyone with my heart until they tell me they aren't worthy of trust. And usually that it takes many times, many dissapointments and hurts before I protect my heart. Many days, I wish I wasn't like this. But, then again, I am glad that I am....because in some strange way, I know that loving people is how God made me.

Well. I am there. Friends who said they had my back, didn't. I guess they never did, really. Years - mind you. So many times going around this same mountain. And then it happens...not an offense mind you. Just the picture coming into HD. Crisp. Clear. *facepalm*

I am not hurt or offended. Sad? Sure. But, then again I am not. I am glad that I've been able to see the situation for what it is! And that's ok. Because, I am better off for knowing them. And better off for experiencing this.

We just started a sermon at my church called Covenant. This Sunday we are talking about Covenant Friendships. I am excited and will be posting on Monday my "reflections!" :)

Happy Weekend....oh, and it's homecoming here at the UA...so ROLL TIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment