Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Status Updates

I posted on my facebook status update that I was thankful for the life God's given me. After I typed it and posted it....I began to REALLY search my heart. Am I? Do I live my life with a heart of gratitude towards my Saviour for the AMAZING life He's given me?

On the surface - absolutely! But if I am really honest, not all of the time. Most of the time I am overwhelmed with laundry, dishes, housecleaning, a demanding career, a strong desire to do some kind of ministry, etc. I pray to God and ask Him to bless our household so we could afford this or that....then, as I clean whatever He blessed us with...I often murmur about how tired I am or how my back hurts.

Last night at small group I prayed for a sweet friend and her family regarding an upcoming trip to "the most magical place on earth". I prayed for her to stop and soak in life. Not to be so busy with making sure her husband and boys were taken care of, that she lost the precious moments in front of her. I prayed for to make lots of happy memories.

As my friends all left and house was quiet, I felt God convict me of the same. He gently reminded me that it isn't ultimately about a clean house....rather did the people who lived in the house feel loved? Did I introduce them to Him? His loving character?

It isn't ultimately waiting to do ministry until I am at my goal weight. It's about imparting the word of God to those around me at my current weight.

And in a very silly way, it isn't about waiting to go to the pumpkin patch until we have children. It's about going to the pumpkin patch now and living each day to the absolute fullest for HIS glory.

I guess what I am trying to say, is a thankful heart is one who does everything out of a posture of worship. I will straighten my house while thanking Him for his provisions, I will minister to others while praising Him that I have victory with my weight struggles and I will joyfully go to the pumpkin patch believing in His promise to me that we will have children one day.

I will thank Him for what I have instead of questioning Him on what I don't have.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor. 10:31

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment