Monday, February 20, 2012

My nails

I gave myself a manicure this weekend. Which, if you know me, you know that's a big deal. I have always disliked my fingernails. So, I've ignored them. Tried to act like they aren't there. Just chaulked it up that I wouldn't have pretty nails like my friends. Or my grandmother! She has these long gorgeous nails. I always loved them. And in some ways, pretty nails have always embodied a beautiful woman to me.

I happened to be in target a couple of weeks ago and they were clearancing out all of their nail stuff. So, I got what I needed to in order to give myself a manicure. Even my man was surprised at my sudden interest in 'sally hanson'.

Anyway, I sat down Saturday and did it. Gave myself a manicure. Why is this worthy of a blog post, you ask? Well, because....I LIKE my nails! I think they are kinda pretty. I went with a very neutral color on the nail. It's funny, I find myself looking at them...and almost wondering whose they are!

And in a convicting moment, God whispers other areas of 'me' that I've dismissed as ugly or unattractive. Much like my discovery of my nails. I feel like I am learning to look at myself the way God does. And He says I am wonderfully made in His image.

Especially my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment