Monday, June 6, 2011

Divine Moments

Yesterday I had one of 'those' moments.

You know what I am talking about. Where all of a sudden the realization of what you'd hope your life would look like and what your actual life looks like smack each other in the face. It wasn't pretty. There may have been sobbing involved. I used to run from these moments full force. And while I still am hugely awkward, I've learned to (somewhat) embrace them. In those moments, I know the Hand of God is working....and I am not about to stop it.

I wish I could go back and tell 18 year old Susanna that Dreams Evolve, Life Happens, It doesn't work out (always) like you plan it - And that it's ok!! But, I can't go back in time and tell her not to be so insecure, to try not to control everything, ease up on herself a little, etc. Instead, as these painful moments come up, I can deal with them through the lense of a gracious, loving, heavenly Father. Whose plans for me, make my plans look like childs play.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.....I trust my story writer. I may not understand what my eyes see, or my ears hear, but I trust my God.

1 comment:

  1. I found you, Susanna!
    Great to see you tonight. I'm so glad we get to be in another small group together.

    I love this:
    "I trust my story writer." That's one that I'll have to repeat to myself!

    ReplyDelete