Monday, January 31, 2011

F A I T H F U L

We have started a sermon series at Church on Prayer....and I think it's going to be awesome. Correction. It. Already. Is.

I have a big time confession to make. For so many years, I tied God's faithfulness to how the laundry lists of prayer needs for friends and family were answered. Terrible, I know. I am so thankful that yet again, God didn't send down His wrath, but His mercy and conviction.

I've even blogged about what I believed about a God that didn't answer prayers. Could I believe in that God?

Well, friends. Yes. I do believe. Because, I believe that all of these years, I've approached prayer in the WRONG way. Praying is more about the condition of my heart than getting the specific item I am praying for. How different would my life be, if I allowed the Holy Spirit inside me to intercede on my behalf and direct the desires in my heart? He knows what the will of God is. My goal should be to no longer get God's will to line with my desires. But, for my desires to line up with the will of God.

I am still processing Romans 8:26-30..which I have read so many times...but, never quite heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment